Last Updated on Friday, 30 August 2013 17:02 Thursday, 01 August 2013 13:11
Guideline for bringing into Malaysia human corpses or urns containing human ashes
Human corpse or urn containing human ash of a Malaysian citizen who passed away outside Malaysia can be brought into Malaysia under the following procedures:
Procedure to bring back a human corpse of Malaysian citizen is as follows:
- The “spouse/member of family/friend/agent approved by member of family” of the deceased is required to obtain a permit from the Ministry of Health, Malaysia to import a human corpse. Any enquiry on such permit can be submitted to the nearest District Office of Health or through the official website of the Ministry of Health at http://www.moh.gov.my
- Human corpse to be brought into Malaysia will be verified by the Health Officer from the Ministry of Health at the entry point before it is released.
- Other supporting documents required are:
- Airway Bill / Manifest / Train Load List (whichever is relevant).
- Letter of release from the airport/port operator (via air / sea only)
Procedure to bring back an urn containing human ash of Malaysian citizen:
The procedure to bring into Malaysia urn containing human ash by the “spouse/member of family/friend/agent approved by member of family” of the deceased is the same as above EXCEPT for the following:
- Import Permit is NOT required from the Ministry of Health.
- The person who brings in the urn containing human ash is required to inform and produce the relevant supporting documents to the Officer of Customs on duty at the entry point.
Human corpse or urn containing human ash of non-Malaysian citizen who passed away outside of Malaysia is also allowed to be brought into Malaysia by a member of the family of the deceased or anyone who is a Malaysian citizen, for the purpose of burial subject to approval to be given by the Embassy of Malaysia in the country concerned.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 15:17 Tuesday, 26 March 2013 15:11