|How To Apply For EIS|
Export In-Situ, first introduced on 15.10.1992, is a facility allowing express passage in exporting finished goods produced by export oriented factories.It offers a more efficient export service to customers made up of manufacturers. It allows manufacturers to submit their documents for export goods to the nearest Customs Station that controls it. Goods inspection can be done at the manufacturers’ own premises which will expedite export matters because in a normal situation, it does not need to be inspected at the export station, thus avoiding damage to the goods as a result of being opened for Customs inspection at the export station.
Amongst others, this facility provides many benefits including:
- Simplifying export procedure and time saving;
- Reducing work load and overcrowding at exit points;
- Saving handling cost, warehousing and agent’s payment;
- Creating a competitive export price; and
- Bringing the port closer to the exporter
To begin, Export In-Situ facility is executed based on the following guidelines:
- Limited to goods without export duty.
- Goods are loaded into FCL container only.
- Is given to Licensed Manufacturing Warehouse (LMW) under Section 65 / 65A Customs Act 1967, industries with exemption benefits under Section 14 of the same Act and factories that claim withdrawal under Section 99 of the above Act.
|< Sblm||Seterusnya >|