PROFILE OF THE TECHNICAL SERVICES DIVISION
The Technical Services Division is headed by a Director of Customs and assisted by three Deputy Directors of Customs and a Senior Assistant Director of Customs.
The Technical Services Division consists of four branches, namely: -
- Classification, Tariff and Drafting
- Revenue Accounting
- Customs Verification Initiative
The main roles of the Technical Services Division include:
- Providing advice on the valuation and classification of goods.
- Updating the laws, regulations and orders administered by the Department.
- Monitoring revenues and arrears are accurately accounted for.
- Processing appeals on drawback and refunds.
- Processing subsidies of petroleum products
- Assessing and targeting high risk consignment at entry points.