FUNCTION OF THIS DIVISION
- To conduct criminal trial, appeal and revision in courts in the whole Malaysia.
- To conduct civil trial, appeal and judicial review in courts in the whole Malaysia.
- To study and review the investigation papers forwarded to this Division for order, advice and consent to prosecute.
- To study and review civil case papers forwarded to this Division for the purpose of filing of the statement of claim, defence, affidavits or for advice and action in courts.
- To revise and study agreements between RMCD with local private sector and agreements between RMCD in representing Malaysia at the international level.
- To give legal advice and opinion to the Customs officers and divisions in RMCD.
- To study and review every court's decision whether criminal or civil to determine whether to file an appeal against the decision or not.
- To give lectures to the Customs officers with regards to Customs law and for Competency Level Assessment courses.