CLIENT’S CHARTER OF THE LEGAL DIVISION RMCD
1. To conduct criminal and civil trials, and to handle criminal and civil appeals in courts for the whole Malaysia until decision is given.
2. To monitor the progress of any investigation conducted by Customs officers, to study the investigation papers and to give the appropriate instructions in the period of 14 days from the date of receipt thereof.
3. To take direction and to handle any civil action for and against the Royal Malaysian Customs Department by ensuring preliminary action is taken in the period of not more than 4 weeks from the date of receipt of such direction.
4. To complete every subsidiary legislation within 14 days after all policy and legal issues are resolved. The final draft of the subsidiary legislation forwarded to the clients is free from drafting error.
5. To complete the draft government gazette within 14 days from the date of receipt.
6. To provide quality legal opinions within 14 days from the date of receipt of complete documents and information.
7. To revise and draft international documents and instruments such as agreement and memorandum of understanding within 14 days and for more complicated international documents and instruments, within one month.