The functions of Enforcement Division are as follows:
- Carry out intelligence operations on smuggling activities to increase enforcement against smuggling and irregularities.
- Carry out operations to eradicate smuggling in an integrated and coordinated manner through land and sea patrols, road blocks and inspection of suspected premises and outlets.
- Carry out investigations on smuggling activities as a result of information received, public complaints or intelligence reports and to complete investigations in the stipulated time frame.
- Carry out operations against targets or smuggling black areas to wipe out syndicate through raids, searches, operations and propaganda.
- Open investigation papers on cases obtained for punitive action either through court prosecution or offer of compound.
- Manage the storage and disposal of seized goods efficiently.
- Carry out anti smuggling campaigns to give awareness to the public regarding dangers of smuggling and build cooperation and networking with other local and overseas enforcement agencies.
- Carry out enforcement tasks against offences involving Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Anti Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Act 2001, Anti Trafficking in Persons Act 2007, and Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD).
The main tasks of Enforcement Division are as follows:
Preventive and Seizure
- Carry out smuggling prevention tasks on land and sea.
- Management of seized and forfeited goods
- Carry out investigation on cases
- Monitor status of high profile investigation papers
- Monitor investigation papers
- Assess strength and weakness of investigation paper
- Resolve cases through decision of round table discussion
- Carry out investigation in an integrated manner to speed up investigation of important cases.
- Assess weakness and strength of investigation
- Carry out prosecution
- Study and propose amendments to legislation administered by Department
- Study judicial decision for bench marking purpose
- Carry out case study
- Plan drug enforcement and intelligence policy and program of Department to be in line with National Drug Strategy.
- Carry out drug detection in all land, sea and air entry gates of the country.
- Plan drug intelligence activities.
- Provide instruction and advice on drug enforcement and case investigation to states
- Provide adequate supplies and equipment and trained drug sniffer dogs for carrying out drug detection activities effectively.
- Issue circular letter, alert order, intelligence notice and case study on drugs enforcement.
- Coordinate intelligence activities between states/station and headquarters.
- Study intelligence report and profiles sent by states/stations for further action.
- Study and analyze smuggling activities for purpose of planning and setting enforcement strategy.
- Study and analyze information on smuggling received and collected from various sources and plan strategy and issue order for further action.
- Prepare and distribute enforcement circular letters, alert order, intelligence notice and case study.
- Build and improve cooperation and networking with other local and overseas enforcement agencies.
- Issue operation order to states for implementation to tackle smuggling when required and prepare result report of the operation.
- Provide assistance to states/stations and other local and overseas enforcement agencies.
|< Prev||Next >|