The Customs Division in Headquarters of The Royal Malaysian Customs Department is headed by a Director of Customs (Grade VU7) who is assisted by two (2) Deputy Directors of Customs (Grade W54). This Division consists of two (2) branches and 11 units . The two (2) branches and the respective units are as follows:
1. Trade Facilitation And Industry Branch:
- Warehousing Management & Control Unit
- Facilities & Incentive Management & Control Unit
- Licensing Database Management Unit
- Free Industrial and Commercial Zone Management & Control Unit
- Licensed Manufacturing Warehouse Management & Control Unit
2. Import/Export and Border Control Branch:
- Import Management & Enforcement Unit
- Export Management & Enforcement Unit
- Duty Free Island/Duty Free Shop Management & Enforcement Unit
- Travellers/Border Management & Enforcement Unit
- Taxation Policy & Analysis Unit
- Inter-Agencies Commitment Unit
Objective Of Division
- To implement policies related to industries, import, export and border control established by the department and the government.
- To establish procedure related to industries, import, export and border control which is inline with the stipulated policies of the department and the government.
- To study and review policy and/or procedure concerned for enhancement and simplification to ensure predictability in its implementation.
- To provide cooperation and facilitation to other government agencies.
- To implement international commitment and cooperation with ‘World Customs Organization (WCO), Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), World Trade Organization (WTO) and Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) as well as Free Trade Agreements with other countries.
- To provide guidelines to customs officers at the frontline to ensure efficient implementation of customs policy and procedure.