Compliance Management Division
- Prior to August 16, 2008, Company Audit Branch (Accounts Examination Branch) and the Post Clearance Audit Branch were under the Technical Services Division
- Both these branches at the headquarters are now placed under the Compliance Management Division and are each headed by a Deputy Director of Customs. The Director of Customs heads the Compliance Management Division.
- Effective July 1, 2009 the setting up of the Compliance Management divisions Company Audit branches and Post Clearance Audit branches across the country have been approved.
- To plan and conduct a systematic audit of the licensees / importers and to ensure that the tax / customs duties are collected accurately and to provide advice regarding customs matters.
- To ensure that companies/ importers licensed under the customs laws, understand and comply with laws and regulations.
|< Prev||Next >|