Kaji Selidik iSpeed
AKMAL was first established in 1956 on a plot of 11 acres of land in Jalan Penghulu Abas, Bukit Baru, Melaka. In the early days it was known as the Federal Customs Training Centre consists of two building blocks for the office, classroom and dormitory buildings.
In 1957, the training centre has changed its name to the Federal Customs Training School which conducts revision courses for Customs officers. In 1960, the function has been expanded to train the Assistant Superintendent of Customs.
With the conferment of the title Royal by His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong on 2nd April 1963 the name of Federal Customs Training School was changed to the Royal Malaysian Customs Training College.
In 1987 the name was changed to the College of Royal Malaysian Customs in line with the expansion of its role. Office building, dormitory, lecture rooms have been added and upgraded. Facilities for training purposes including hall, prayer room, games court, gymnasium, library and swimming pool were developed.
In October 1989, Royal Malaysian Customs was upgraded to the Royal Malaysian Customs Academy (AKMAL) in line with its expansion and capacity as an Academy.
In 1990, the expansion of AKMAL was started with the construction of office, lecture hall, auditorium, dormitory, stadium, games court and laboratories. This project was completed in 1991 and inaugurated in 1993.
With this expansion of AKMAL, courses can be conducted not only for staff of the department but also for other agencies and the World Customs Organization.
AKMAL's main campus is situated in Bukit Baru Melaka. There are four (4) branches, namely AKMAL Sabah, AKMAL Sarawak, AKMAL Langkawi and AKMAL Rantau Panjang.
We are members of the Royal Malaysian Customs with fully commitment to implement a high quality training programs for the RMCD staff and the public towards development of excellent human capital capable of providing professional
We recognize the rights of our clients as follows: -